Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Depression

Depression is the number one disease at BYU-Idaho.

Why is that?

Is it because we are constantly reminded that we need to be better?

The intense pushing and pushing to be married?

The lack of employment opportunities in Rexburg?

The track system which means our close friends might move every semester?

The lack of individuality for fear of being judged?

"The Savior was “a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: … Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: … and with his stripes we are healed” (Isa. 53:3–5). No matter how you get help, ultimate healing will always come from the Savior. He will ease your burdens. His gospel is a gospel of peace and hope. Never doubt that He wants you to be happy"
-Shanna Ghaznavi.

If your struggling with depression your not alone. It is OKAY to go get on medications. I have been criticized over and over for being on medication for my anxiety and depression. But Heavenly Father put doctors and therapists on the earth for a reason. Some might be having the blues, but others might simply have a chemical imbalance in their body that needs to be evened out. You can get through it, but not alone. Not without Christ and fully understanding his atonement.

Because of that I have overcome so much. I have been able to get on with my life, without being ashamed that I have struggled with this terrible disease.

I am happy.

_M_

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are happy. Thanks for the the information. I can only imagine that we live in a very depressing area. I think the snow does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are depressed because of this crappy weather. At least i am.. not seriously, but some days.. yikes.

    ReplyDelete