Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ear tubes?

The past few months I have had an annoying pain in my right ear. Its not excrutiating it is just annoying. Anyways, Ive tried decongestants and that didn't work. I have gotten so used to it that I barely think about it anymore. On Monday I was in the doctor for a refill and I asked him about my ears. He looked in them and said that my tubes were enlarged and laying at an angle so they can not drain. What the heck? How did this happen you might ask? Well we have no idea. I didnt grow up with a lot of ear infections so it just boggles me. Anyways, since its not a terrible pain I am supposed to take ibuprofen to get the swelling down, so they can drain. but then a week or so later they will be enlarged again. So its a never ending process. He said that my tonsils are larger than normal (but not infected or anything) so they are pressing against my adnoids which are hitting my ears which are causing them to be swollen. WEIRD. So eventually I might have to get my adnoids and tonsils out.

All too confusing for me.
But at least I have answers:)

3 comments:

  1. That is strange. Little kids commonly have ear infections because of the angle the tubes are at, but you are supposed to outgrow that. Seems like you grew into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is odd. I had tubes when I was a kid. I hope that it all works out and your ear stops hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RANDOM! But glad you have answers. But seriously, random.

    ReplyDelete